Friday, May 29, 2015

Almost Summer

It is almost summer! I have 2 weeks of school left, and in 3 weeks we are going on vacation. So today, I thought I'd give you a brief adoption update (not a lot to share), and an update just on what's going on with us!

So, as far as adoption; we called our agency and expressed some of our frustrations with the lack of communication and information from our social worker, and they totally understood, and assigned us a new social worker. I have talked to her on the phone once, and she is really nice. It is still frustrating because she doesn't work after 3 and we both work until 4, so we have to catch her on our lunch breaks. We are going to meet her in person in a couple weeks, so we are looking forward to that. She also answered a bunch of our questions. She told us that we are looking at an average of a 20 month wait for our preferences, and our book should start being shown when we have been "waiting" for 12 months. So, even though that seems like a long time, it is nice to have some information on that. I think we are starting to settle into "the wait." It definitely helps to have a somewhat expected time frame.

As of yesterday we also have been waiting 4 months!
Here is a picture of me and some of my students who bought shirts to help support our adoption!
 

So, here is just a general update of what is going on with us.
Since January we have been part of a church plant here in town. Adam is leading worship and I am part of the AV team. It has been a lot of fun and we have met some great friends. Adam is currently training to run a half marathon in the fall and is very motivated and working hard to reach that goal. I am working on learning to knit and am looking forward to my very first summer without working since I was 17. We are both very ready for vacation and excited to just sit around and read and relax.
Please continue to pray for us as we wait, pray for our baby and his or her first family, and pray that financial support will continue to come in to help us pay our fees.

Thanks and as always ask if you have any questions!
Love,
Kristen and Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment