Friday, May 13, 2016

11 Steps Closer

You guys, waiting is hard stuff! I feel like I need to insert a giant sigh in here. *SIGH*. Just a little update. In April our profile was viewed 2 times. Our agency placed 9 babies in April in Virginia, yes you read that right 9!!! That's amazing!! We also had a situation we were asked to be presented to in the beginning of May. We only get asked to be presented if it is a situation with special circumstance. So, we decided to say yes, but the family decided to go a different route. The no's are hard to hear. I don't know what is "normal" or expected. How many views do most families get? Is 11 a lot or a little? I don't know. I think, the more we get told "no" the more I begin to expect every situation to be a no. This is not a good place to be. It is important to be realistic, but also hopeful. It also helps to remember that we only need one yes. Every no we experience truly does bring us closer to our yes.
1 year ago, we hadn't had a yes or a no. So, every no we get is progress. Every no is one no closer to our yes. And I know that when we get that yes, we will understand all the no's.

While we wait we are trying to continue to live out God's will in our lives. We are currently looking for ways to get involved with orphan and family care or stopping human trafficking. God calls us to stand up for justice and help those who cannot help themselves. We don't know what that will look like yet, but we are excited to see what God does with that. We are doing fun things together - this weekend we are going to a baseball game in Baltimore! In a month we are going on Vacation to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. I have never been  and I am so excited. This summer I plan to spend a LOT of time at our complex's pool and reading and really relaxing before next school year. We want our wait to be worth something, so I'm hoping we can make it count, for as long as the rest of our wait happens to be.

Keep praying for us and for the family and child we will be matched with.

Let me know how we can be praying for you.

Kristen


4 comments:

  1. I feel like we are adoption twins. We are only 8 days apart in the time that we both have been waiting. we will be waiting for 16 months on May 20th. Like you, we are tired of hearing "no", but it does bring us closer to our "yes". Praying for you guys. Please say a prayer for us, if you will. Your blog really helps me to cope with the adoption journey. P.S. - I think you'll like G'burg and Pigeon Forge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh that is crazy! And awesome. We will definitely be praying for you. Keep my posted on ya'lls progress! I'm also so glad to hear that my blog helps. It helps me cope too! email me sometime and we can chat!

      Delete
    2. I might be missing the obvious, but I can't seem to locate your email. lol. It's been a Friday the 13th here!! Here is mine. kwhyder4031@gmail.com. Would love to hear from you too. I'm at my wits end with waiting!!! I'm ready for God to make us mommies! :)

      Delete
  2. It's a nerve-wracking time, but the wait will be well worth it when you finally get a yes! Our adoption story was through foster care which you could hear about from a project I'm working on adoptafosterchild.com.

    ReplyDelete