Monday, November 28, 2016

22 Months

Today we have been waiting 22 months. An elephant's gestation is 22 months. I think it's interesting we have been waiting the same amount of time so far as an elephant has to wait to give birth!


We have made it through Thanksgiving and I was better than I thought. I thought Thanksgiving would be hard. We were supposed to have a baby to be thankful for and we didn't. I had some moments, but over all, it was okay. I was also too busy to dwell on it, and that helped. As nice as Thanksgiving was, I am glad it is over. We pictured and planned for Thanksgiving and Christmas with a baby. We didn't plan past that yet, so I will also be glad for Christmas to be over, because it will also be full of things we planned that (most likely) will not come to pass. And, it's hard, but it's okay. That's life. Full of expectations that aren't met. Adoption is no exception. I think with adoption, expectations are pointless (I only know this from experience). All of our expectations have been broken, and none of them have been met, all at the same time.

I really, really hope that next year we will have a baby at Christmas and Thanksgiving. I said the same thing last year on this day when we were only waiting 10 months, and the year before that when we weren't officially waiting yet, but still in the process. And, if we don't have a baby next Christmas, honestly, I'm not sure if we will keep waiting  - we will see when we get there.

I have 3 weeks of school left before Christmas break and end of semester, so that is nice, and gives me something to look forward to, and will definitely keep me busy.

This month was National Adoption Month - so, I'm a little talked out on adoption - if you didn't see my instagram this month go check it out it is FULL Of adoption information, so go check it out (@klwerle)

Okay, that's all for now, I think in the last month I've wrote enough so this is a short one!
Please keep praying for us as we wait, and continue to heal from losing Toby.
Thank you again for all of your support and love and prayers through our journey.

With love,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment